In May of 2008, I suffered traumatic brain injury following a bicycle accident. I re-learned basic life skills such as how to walk, speak, read, write and continue to be challenged with my disabilities. Frustratingly, I had to let go of my meaningful career as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner. I created a large part of my healing journey through restoring and re-defining myself which established my life’s purpose. Today I focus my healing energy on sharing my miraculous story. Amazingly, I have successfully presented nationally and internationally as well as appeared on TV and radio and published in both articles and books. My book, Discovering My Life’s Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph is available on Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
My story has been shared with a variety of health care professionals, health care college students, legislators, adolescents, injury survivors, their advocates and the general public. I administer education, growth, and perspective to healthcare providers as well as hope and inspiration to anyone suffering. Health care providers describe my presentation as eye-opening and essential. Attendees are amazed, uplifted, inspired and surrounded with hope and reassurance. A patient’s story guides providers to re-examine their medical practice and enhance the effectiveness of treatment.
Please view my website: www.bridgidruden.com for further information which includes my story, presentation objectives, areas I’ve presented, and the feedback I have received.
My description of the presentation varies based on the needs of the audience attending. The bullet points of my presentation:1). An inspirational true story is motivationally shared. 2) A testimony of an amazing, heartwarming, eye opening and beneficial for the audience. 3). Right and wrong ways to assess symptoms and outcomes and to foster healing from traumatic brain injury as well as any type of trauma. 4). Visualize the aspects of a lifelong invisible disease
1. July 25, 2016. TBI One Love Radio Show which covers 50 states and 32 countries. www.onelove.org
2.November 12, 2016. Living Full Out, Inc.radio show, conducted by Nancy Solari, CEO. www.livingfullout.com
3.November 17, 2016 KIYX: Dubuque Super Hits 106.5: www.superhits106.com
4. November 18, 2016 WGLR 97.9 FM www.wglr.com
5. November 20, 2013 Radio Show: Hope Beyond Trauma
6. January 6, 2010 Iowa Public Radio: The Exchange
Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph! Available at Amazon and Barnes in Noble.com
• "Honest, beautiful writing!" "Bridgid has the unique ability as an author to take the reader on this painful journey with her." "As Bridgid walks through each step of her rehabilitation, she inspired me through laughter, tears and her genuine spirit." "Bridgid's story is about resilience, making her book the perfect gift for anyone on the path of life." "I had a hard time putting the book down!"
1) Shapiro International www.shapirointernational.com/blog/
2) Business Innovators: www.businessinnovatorsmagazine.com/bridgid-ruden-published-author- inspirational-speaker-interview
3)Vocational Rehabilitation of Iowa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zJ9c8pdZhw)
1). December 10, 2010 Public Access Television: Brain Injury Survival Story
May 2018, My book, Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph, is now an audio book. You can obtain this at:
Dr. Jane F. Bourgeois
Dr. Andrew G. Lee