Presentation Tips For Speakers
Date: September 28, 2016
Whether you’re already a showstopper in the speaking world, or are ready to develop your skills, this article is for you.
To create a killer presentation, you have to be saying the right words, at the right moment, at the right pace, with the right actions. Needless to say, it can all get a little overwhelming.
So we’ve created bullet points of the best presentation tips for speakers.
Ways Speakers Can Improve Their Presentations
- Place your attention and focus on your audience. How you feel is irrelevant. It’s all about them.
- Stick to the point and keep your ideas clear. Don’t use complicated phrases to sound intelligent if it’ll confuse people.
- Practice weeks before to become comfortable with your material.
- Like your topic and enjoy what you’re talking about! It helps to smile too.
- Use stories and not just facts. The more personal and heartfelt, the better your chances of your audience being interested.
- Be real! An audience can sniff out someone who’s not authentic, so don’t try to change your personality. Be yourself!
- Leave with a positive message. The last thing you want is for your audience to leave the room feeling depressed and hopeless.
- Give people hope and inspire them. You’re not there to lecture and inform, but to spread magic.
- Breathe and pace yourself. Don’t whizz through facts.
- End with a call-to-action, otherwise people will think ‘so what…?’
- Remember, everything is for your audience so try to think like them. What will they get from this? How will this benefit their lives?
And the best presentation tip is to enjoy yourself! If you are relaxed, then your audience will. An aura and mood is easily picked up, so love what you do and let that show.
Are you already a pro at the above? Register with Shapiro International as a speaker to get noticed by organisations and people hiring speakers.